Acne is one of the most common dermatological diseases. Obviously not life threatening, but it can be very troublesome and can affect for a long time the appearance of a person, often triggering emotional disorders (depression, low self-esteem, shame, frustration, etc). Acne is a very complex disease that affects more than 50% of the population and 5% of adults. The first signs of acne appear with puberty, even from 11 to 12 years and the recorded peak around the age of 16 -17 years.
Areas prone to acne are those that have sebaceous glands: the face, shoulders, chest, back, arms and thighs. Sebaceous glands are found mostly on the face, neck and back that have the ability to produce an oily substance called sebum, which helps the skin to retain moisture and in addition, protect from dryness.
Acne is an inflammation of the sebaceous glands that prevent the elimination of sebum produced by them, thus favored by the multiplication of skin bacteria inside the clogged pores. Explained, acne is an inflammatory disease of the gland surrounding the hair shaft (pilosebaceous) and it has as the substrate interaction between hormones, keratin, sebum and bacteria.
Acne as a disorder, is characterized by the occurrence of skin lesions called comedones (pimples), subform of gray or reddish nodules, with or without purulent collections in the top of lesions. As they are subject to super infection with various microbes, can be in the form of yellow pustules which if not treated on time, may leave scars on the face. A special form of acne is acne rosacea, especially common in women after the age of 40 years. The pathogen is Staphylococcus. In some women, acne is a symptom of polycystic ovary syndrome, a hormonal disorder that can trigger menstrual irregularities, infertility, excessive hair growth and weight gain.
The main cause of acne is represented by hormonal disorders which occur on a predisposing genetic background. Inadequate diet is also one of the causes of acne which generates gastrointestinal disorders including constipation. Sugar and products containing it, chocolate, meat in the general, animal fats, hydrogenated fats (margarine), oil fried eggs, white bread, foods high in additives and preservatives, carbonated drinks with colorants and artificial flavors are contraindicated in case of acne. According to researchers, the best food options that reduce inflammation are: salmon, fish oil, green tea, fresh fruits and vegetables, which have high levels of antioxidants, flavonoids, selenium and zinc.
Stress is also a factor that promotes acne. In fact, it is the indirect action of stress, which stimulates the discharge of certain hormones, which in turn can aggravate acne lesions. However, it is not the daily stress, but includes special events involving and causing stress. Among the factors that aggravate acne include medicines, cosmetics, excessive washing of the skin (its aggression), exposing the skin to oily or greasy substances, etc.
First rule for beauty is clean and bright skin that can breathe, for this, the skin should be cleaned both morning and evening with a special lotion depending upon the skin type. Instead of soap, which dries the skin, a skin toner and a moisturizing skin cream can be preferred.
The treatment of acne is complex and should be individualized according to the clinical, extension, age, previous treatment or the patient’s age. The treatment is individualized and each person responds differently and therefore the same type of acne leads to the results which may differ from individual to individual, depending on general factors, hormonal, genetic or constitutional factors.
Natural treatments can be really useful in terms of preventing and worsening acne. The specialists of STAR INTERNATIONAL MED have created and provide you both natural cosmetics and herbal remedies for internal use, which together help to control this problem.
The recommended cosmetic products include:
– For exfoliating: WALNUT SCRUB: contains Juglans regia (granules of Walnut shells) with exfoliating and astringent benefits, Aloe vera extract with astringent, antiseptic and antioxidant benefits, extract of Melia Azadirachta (Neem) with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic benefits;
– Face pack PAPAYA MUD PACK: Contains extract of Papaya, Orange, Acacia arabica, Daruharidra and Purified Zinc, providing soothing, astringent effect sand regulates the secretion of the sebum;
– OILY SKIN MASSAGE CREAM for proper skin care contains: Peanut oil, Lime and Buchanania latifolia extract;
– ACNE CREAM for daily maintenance contains: Coconut oil, Wintergreen oil, Neem, Nutmeg and Mint extracts, regulates sebum secretion and maintains the healthy complexion of skin;
Herbal remedies recommended in cases of acne are:
– The natural dietary supplement MARGUSA, for body detoxification and especially the blood, helps normalize the appearance of acne affected skin.
– TRIFYLA, Ayurmed brand natural ayurvedic dietary supplement. This supplement protects the digestive system, maintains the balance of intestinal flora, regulates bowel movement, helping to evacuate the large intestine and thus eliminate toxins.