One third of the total number of deaths worldwide is caused by cardiovascular disease, thus constituting the leading cause of mortality worldwide. According to the World Health Organization, there are over 300 risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease and stroke whereas, risk factors for cardiovascular diseases currently affecting people around the world. Contrary to a general belief according to which cardiovascular disease mainly affects men in developed countries, over 80% of deaths caused by cardiovascular diseases occur in countries with medium and low life standards, almost equally among men and women.
Chest pain, fatigue and other symptoms of heart problems are extremely evident and known by everyone. Some cardiovascular diseases (eg. hypertension) may develop without realizing by the person and may remain for a long time without indicating any sort of symptoms. Others (myocardial infarction), on the contrary, can manifest in a dramatic way by a cardiorespiratory arrest or cardiac insufficiency. However, most often, evocative symptoms indicate the evolution of heart disease. This may be abnormal breath, difficulty in breathing during physical exertion, palpitations (abnormal impression of feeling own heart beat), syncope (sudden-temporary/momentary or permanent cessation) of heart function, breathing interruptions and loss of sensation and voluntary movements, often due to excessive slowdown of heart beat or insufficient cardiac output, lowering the blood pressure or leading to angina pectoris. Other signs, however, do not lead to ponder even close to cardiac dysfunctions.
The most common diseases affecting the cardiovascular system are ischemic heart disease (angina manifested by pain, sometimes heart attacks and heart rhythm disorders) and hypertension. People predisposed to heart disease are generally over 50 years old category and suffer from hypertension, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia and obesity to which also included family history. Besides these, smoking and sedentary lifestyle contribute to the development of heart disease. These different risk factors act mainly in the arteries, especially the arteries of the heart.
They are responsible for the formation of plaque on artery walls, made of fats, called atherosclerotic plaques, which affect the blood circulation and reduce blood supply to the heart. In association with the same person, more risk factors (such as smoking, stress, hypertension, alcoholism, etc) increase the risk of the occurrence of cardiovascular disease.
Numerous studies have shown the links between food and heart disease. Some experts suggest that the risk of myocardial infarction is reduced in case of persons consuming a diet rich in fiber, fruits, vegetables, especially cereals. Other opinions evoke long-term protective effect of fish, reducing the fat circulation in the blood and normalizing blood pressure.
Finally, the moderate consumption of alcohol, in particular wine, helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, especially myocardial infarction. Other risk factors appear to play a role in cardiovascular diseases which are particularly related to abnormal growth of blood uric acid levels (hyperuricemia) and some metabolic disorders (those related to calcium).
With the arrival of summer and very hot season, cardiac patients experiencing serious difficulties in terms of maintaining the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system which is already affected. Allopathic medicines which are used to relieve these conditions have serious side effects, which is why they look for and still seek herbal remedies that do not have the inconvenience in terms of adverse effects.
Ayumed brand natural dietary supplement LYON HEART helps maintain a normal functionality of heart by increasing the power and efficiency of cardiac muscle contraction by normalizing heart rate and reducing coronary spasms. It offers diuretic and sedative effect, thus contributing to maintain the normal blood pressure. Regenerative and general adaptation to stress and hypolipidemic benefits contribute to the effectiveness of the product. LYON HEART contains:
– Terminalia Arjuna (Arjuna) – improves cardiac muscle function and pump activity of the heart, has antioxidant properties, corrects endothelial dysfunctions and platelet aggregation, reduces the risk of thrombosis.
– Rosa centifolia (Rose, Satapatrika) – contains copper, vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B complex and vitamin K, essential for hematopoiesis. It contains calcium which influences metabolism and assimilation of food. It also contains potassium, which is important for normal cardiac activity. It is very useful in case of various heart disease and hypertension.
– Withania somnifera (Indian Ginseng, Ashwagandha) – improves resistance to stress, increases vitality and promotes overall wellbeing. It has rejuvenating effect on the body, reduces total serum cholesterol, triglycerides and lipoproteins levels. Its active ingredient, withanolides contribute to promote heart rhythm and myocardial contractility.
Crataegus oxycantha (Hawthorn) is a cardiovascular protective herb due to its antioxidant activity, significantly promotes coronary blood flow and oxygen supply, the positive inotropic effect of the herb stabilizes collagen in blood vessel walls, reduces the accumulation of cholesterol in the liver by stimulating the degradation of cholesterol into bile acids, stimulates bile flow and suppress cholesterol biosynthesis. It also has diuretic actions helping to normalize blood pressure.
– Commiphora mukul (Guggul) has hypocholesterolemic, antioxidant and immunostimulant activity.
– Tribulus terrestris (Gokhru) is a systemic and coronary vasodilator, inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, has vascular antisclerotic, analgesic and adaptogenic properties, helps reduce cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure by relaxing the smooth muscle tissue of the blood vessel walls, inhibits platelet aggregation, increases strength of contraction of heart muscle, reduces sodium and fluid retention. It also improves coronary flow, is useful in preventing angina pectoris crisis.
Ayurmed brand natural dietary supplement PRESSURE DOWN contains herbs that help maintain blood pressure by reducing vascular spasms, improving cardiac activity, stimulating the elimination of excess water from the body, calm the nervous system and improve the body’s ability to adapt to stress.
PRESSURE DOWN also has regenerating, immunostimulant, antitumor, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying benefits. PRESSURE DOWN contains:
– Tribulus terrestris (Gokhru) is a systemic and coronary vasodilator, inhibits angiotensin-converting enzyme, has vascular antisclerotic, analgesic and adaptogenic properties, helps reduce cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure by relaxing the smooth muscle tissue of the blood vessel walls, inhibits platelet aggregation, increases strength of contraction of the heart muscle, reduces sodium and fluid retention. It also improves coronary flow, is useful in preventing angina pectoris crisis.
– Withania somnifera (Indian Ginseng, Ashwagandha) – improves resistance to stress, increases vitality and promotes overall wellbeing. Its active ingredients (withanolides) contribute to promote heart rhythm and myocardial contractility, lowers total serum cholesterol, triglycerides and lipoproteins levels. Withania somnifera is classified in Ayurveda as Rasayana, having rejuvenating effect that promotes physical and mental health, increases resistance against diseases and harmful environmental factors and increases longevity. Exerts a positive influence on the endocrine, cardiopulmonary and central nervous system.
– Allium sativum (Garlic) inhibits vascular calcification in patients with high cholesterol. The known vasodilatory effect of garlic is caused by the production of hydrogen sulfide by catabolism of polysulfides. Hydrogen sulfide is an endogenous cardioprotective molecule. It reduces glucose metabolism in diabetic patients, slows the development of atherosclerosis and decreases the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with previous history. Garlic contains high levels of tellurium, selenium and arsenic compounds which inhibit monooxygenase and thus contribute to the cholesterol-lowering action of plant.
Leptadenia reticulata (Jivanti) – is a vasodilator and has inotropic and chronotopic effects, and maintain blood pressure for prolonged period of time.
The systematic use of herbal remedies with allopathic medication, attenuates secondary effects on cardiovascular system and may lower doses necessary for the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system.