Garcinia cambogia is a moderate sized evergreen tree, and the flowers are unisexual, and axillary. It is prevalent in Southeast Asia and India. The leaves are dark green in color, shiny, elliptic-oval. It bears fruits with a sweet-sour taste. The fruit resembles a small pumpkin having yellow or red, or have a unique purple color. Fruits of Garcinia cambogia are traditionally used in food preparation, with a distinctive flavor. Garcinia Cambogia has attracted a lot of attention as a popular natural weight loss aid. In the Ayurvedic medical system, the sour taste of the fruit of Garcinia, besides stimulating digestion, is also an adjunct in many diseases.
Chemical composition – The plant contains tartaric, citric and phosphoric acid. The latex of Garcinia cambogia contains two poly isoprenylated benzophenone derivatives, camboginol (I) and cambogin (II). Hydroxycitric acid in Garcinia Cambogia is present as major substance.
Properties – Active substances (hydroxycitric acid) from Garcinia cambogia reduce appetite and excess craving for sweets and increase energy levels. Also they decrease the production of triglycerides and cholesterol, while increasing thermogenesis and calorie burns. Garcinia cambogia is rich in vitamin C which helps to reduce acidity and has a protective action on the gastric mucosa. Reduces serum triglycerides and helps to reduce inflammatory conditions of the throat, and urinary tract and genital infections.
• Contains high amounts of vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system.
• Has properties to suppress the appetite of a person who helps in controlling food intake.
• As an important ingredient in various types of laxatives that help remove or kill different types of intestinal worms.
• In case of the digestive system problems, such as dysentery, gastro-intestinal diseases, diarrhea and certain types of ulcers.
• Helps to maintain LDL cholesterol levels.
• Helps to suppress excessive appetite and maintains carbohydrate satiety for a longer time.
This plant is incorporated in natural remedy SLEMOL.